Department of Health and Human Service Professions
Dr. Hjerpe is the athletic director at Cal U. She originally joined the Vulcan athletics staff in 1993 as head volleyball coach before being named senior women's administrator the following year.
Dr. Hjerpe, who is one of two volleyball coaches in school history with 100-plus career wins, serves as the school's coordinator of the CHAMPS/Life Skills Program and the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
In addition to her duties with the athletics program, she teaches several online classes each year.
She has spoken at several national forums, including the 2003 National Association of Collegiate Women Athletic Administrators (NACWWA) Fall Forum and the 2004 NCAA Convention. Dr. Hjerpe serves as the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference athletic director's liaison for volleyball and is a former member of the NCAA Division II women's volleyball committee.
- Sport Compliance
- Legal Aspects of Equity in Intercollegiate Athletics
- Sport Finance
- Economics of Sport
- Current Issues in Athletics
Research Projects Involving Students
Doctoral dissertation on the lack of technology in undergraduate sport management curriculum.
Service Learning Projects
- MS150 Pedal to the Point, a 150-mile ride to benefit multiple sclerosis education and research
- Community Clean-up: Worked with SAAC to coordinate this project for spring 2009
- B.S.: Accounting, Gannon University
- M.S.: Business, California University of Pennsylvania
- M.S.: Exercise Science and Health Promotion, California University of Pennsylvania
- Ph.D.: Instruction Management and Leadership, Robert Morris University
Office: Hamer Hall Room 248