Department of Secondary Education and Administrative Leadership
Lordon is married with three children. His professional career began as a physics teacher in the Steel Valley School District. He moved into school administration as an assistant high school principal. In his 28 years of school administration, he has served as an elementary-, high school- and middle-level administrator in the Steel Valley, West Allegheny and Mt. Lebanon school districts. He recently was designated as a Fulbright Specialist and received a grant to provide instruction in teaching and leadership at Hebei University in China. His professional passion is for school leadership because of the important role it plays in the lives of families.
Publications and Presentations
- Breaking Ranks in the Middle Workshop
- Beijing Foreign Studies University, China - "Content Enhancement Series"
- Hebei University, China - "Developing the Leader Within"
- Improving University Teaching Conference; paper presentation - "Promoting Learning Through a Coaching Leadership Model - One District's Approach Toward Collaborative Leadership"
- Franklin Regional Middle School - "Magic in the Middle"
- Pennsylvania Association of Secondary School Principals Conference - "Incorporating Planning, Documents, Teaching Episodes and Student Work into the Supervision Process"
- Steel Valley School District - Teaching Supervision Workshop
- Marion Center Area School District - "The Supervision Puzzle"
- Greensburg Salem School District - "ZAPP from Cheese and Fish"
- Pennsylvania Association of Secondary School Principals State Conference - "Student Leadership: Magic in the Middle"
- Teacher supervision and evaluation
- Leadership development
- Teacher leadership development
Community Service/Service-learning Projects
- Young Life Regional Executive Board
- United Christian Campus Ministry Council (UCCMC) at Cal U
- Leadership Workshops in China and Spain
- Capernaum Ministry
Office: Keystone Hall Room 415