Coordinator of Graduate Secondary Ed Programs and Associate Professor
Department of Secondary Education and Administrative Leadership
Dr. Perrotti has 15 years of teaching experience in public schools, including as chair of the social studies department.
Research, Publications and Presentations
- “Predicting Achievement on State Tests Based on School Health and Teacher Self-‐Evaluation.” (Dissertation, 2011)
- “Download This!: Making Social Studies Instruction Relevant In the Age of Social Networking and Online Instruction.” Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies State Conference, October 2012.
- “The Classroom Detective: Using Investigation and Debate to Enhance Literacy in Social Studies Classrooms.” Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies State Conference, October 2013
- “The Classroom Detective: Using Primary Sources in the Era of Common Core Accountability.” Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies State Conference. October 2013
- Improving teacher retention
- Building teacher-community partnerships
- Content-based literacy
Co-Investigator/Researcher: PASSHE Innovation in Teaching Grant: 2014 "Creating a Teacher Education Model of Common Core State Standard Profession Development"
- Member-General Education Committee
- Member-Faculty Professional Development (FPDC) Grants and Contracts Subcommittee
- Secondary Education and Administrative Leadership Department Webmaster
- B.S Secondary Education: Mansfield University
- M.S. Education: Social Studies, Wilkes University
- Ph.D.: Human Development and Instruction, Marywood University
Office: Keystone Hall Room 131