Department of Math, Computer Science and Information Systems
Dr. Pratibha Menon has expertise in evidence-based design and evaluation of blended and online learning systems, and in the implementation of pedagogical approaches to teach key competencies required in information systems courses.
- Application Programming I and II – Introductory and Object Oriented Programming
- Database Management Systems and Design
- Web application Programming II – Server side programming
- Capstone courses: Systems Analysis II, Systems Development and Implementation
- Global and Ethical Issues in Computing
- Enhancing Learning in a Large Enrollment Introductory Course By Using Visual and Social Strategies –An Innovation in Education grant from University of Pittsburgh – 2016-17, Grant award: $13,700.00
- FPDC Small grant award – Introducing open source development tool for web programming and capstone projects 2017– Grant award $415.00
- Applying Design Methods To Improve Student Learning Behavior In An Introductory Programming Course – PASSHE-FPDC grant award, 2019-20, Grant award: $5588.00
- CS learning in PA After-School Programs –PASmart Advancing grant , 2019-2020, Grant award: $172,000.00
- Menon, P., Kovalchick. L, “Using a Concept Map to Represent the Composition of Knowledge in an Introductory Programming Course”, 2018 Proceedings of the Conference on Information Systems Applied Research, CONISAR 2019.
- Menon, P., “Selecting an Appropriate Information System Development Approach for Undergraduate Capstone Courses”, Proceedings of of the 33rd Annual Conference of The Pennsylvania Association of Computer and Information Science Educators, PACISE 2019.
- Menon, P., “A Review of Models used in Intelligent and Adaptive Learning Systems”, Proceedings of of the 32nd Annual Conference of The Pennsylvania Association of Computer and Information Science Educators, PACISE 2018.
- Menon, P. “ Towards An Optimal Core Optical Network Using Overflow Channels,”Ph.D. Thesis, University of Pittsburgh, April 2009.
- Menon, P., Cerroni.W, and Reimer.N, “Overflow Traffic Modeling in Hybrid Optical Circuit/Burst Switching Nodes with Performance Differentiation,” Proceedings at Optical Fiber Conference, OFC 2009.
- Menon, P., Thompson, R. A; “Optimal Combination of Circuit and Packet Switching in Optical Core Networks,”High-Performance Switching and Routing Conference, 2007, New York.
- Menon, P., Thompson, R. A; “Capacity Management Using Overflow Channels,” ITERA conference 2007, Louisville.
- Hoare, R., Menon, P., and Ramos. M, “427 Mbits/sec Hardware Implementation of the SHA-1 Algorithms in an FPGA,” Computer and Communications Networks, 2002.
- Ph.D. Information Science: University of Pittsburgh
- M.S, Telecommunications: University of Pittsburgh
- B.S. Electrical and Electronics Engineering: Government Engineering College, Thrissur, India
Office: Eberly Hall 311