Department of Business and Economics
Dr. Richard LaRosa has extensive experience in the academic and corporate world. Since 2007, he has been at Cal U, where he teaches courses in marketing. Previously, he taught at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, where he developed and delivered an e-businees planning course for MBA students. He also taught at Cleveland State University.
He was an independent consultant whose clients included two of the top 10 largest banks in North America, the first totally electronic bank, a pioneer in web-based auction sites for the steel industry, and a few web-based application design firms.
In the 1990s, he was a vice president in charge of credit card products for Mellon Bank Corp. in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Customer Relationship Management Modeling
- Internationalization of Business Education
- Decision Processes Supporting Consumer Choice Behavior
- Impact of Integrated Marketing Communication on Brand Identity and Brand Equity
- Impact of Culture on Advertising and Communications Strategies
- Socioeconomic and Technological Antecedents Impacting Web-Based Communications Processing Models
Refereed Publications and Conference Presentations
- Manuscript (primary author); “B2C Corporate Web Site Communications in Relation to a Nation's Socioeconomic and Technological Development”. Manuscript is being prepared for submission to the Journal of Marketing Communications.
- LaRosa, R.J., Blake, B.F., Javalgi, R.G., & Cutler, B.D. B2C Corporate Web Site Communications Content in the Services Sector Based on a Nation's Socioeconomic and Technological Development. Manuscript presented at the annual conference (July, 2009) of the Journal of Business Research in Montreal.
- Javalgi, R.G., Joseph, W.J., & LaRosa, R.J. Cross-Cultural Marketing Strategies for Delivering Knowledge-Based Services in a Borderless World: The Case of Management Education. Journal of Services Marketing Vol. 23, No. 6/7, pp. 371-384.
- Lundstrom W.J. & LaRosa, R.J. Applying CRM Strategies To The Legal Industry: Can They Make The Desired Difference?” International Journal of Business Research, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 1-14.
- "Learning Assessment in Business Schools: An International Perspective," the 2005 Association for International Business Northeast Conference (co-author).
- “Credit Card Marketing Battles: Strategic Issues and Trends”, the 2003 Association of Business and Information Technology (ABIT) Annual Conference.
- “The Changing Phases of Credit Card Marketing”, the 2003 Association of Business and Information Technology (ABIT) Annual Conference (co-author).
- B.S.: Accounting, Drexel University
- MBA: Finance and Statistics, Drexel University
- DBA: Marketing, Cleveland State University
Office: Watkins Hall Room 302