Assistant Professor, Global Online RN-BSN Program Coordinator
Department of Nursing and Health Sciences
Dr. Weaver has over eight years' experience in nursing education administration as director of a diploma school of nursing in the Pittsburgh, Pa., area. Also, she has five years' experience in nursing administration as a district manager for a home care agency in the Butler, Pa., area. Additionally, she has experience as a staff nurse in medical-surgical, telemetry, critical care, post anesthesia recovery, and home care hospice nursing.
Dr. Weaver has over 10 years' experience teaching in undergraduate nursing. She developed, implemented, and taught in a simulation program for a diploma RN program.
Dr. Weaver authored and administered several grants totaling $220,000 to support the initial and on-going development of the simulation program. In addition, she authored a grant to secure $400,000 to support a Neighborhood Revitalization Program for a Pittsburgh Area Community Hospital prior to joining the California University team. Dr. Weaver joined California U in January 2015 as an assistant professor in teaching in the RN-BSN and RN-MSN programs.
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Organization of Nurse Leaders
- Eastern Nurses Research Society
- Pennsylvania League of Nursing
- National League for Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau, Faculty Sponsor representing CALU
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation & Learning
- Dissertation: "The impact of structured debriefing, following simulation, on BSN student development of clinical reasoning and clinical judgment skills."
- MSN thesis: "Caring Behaviors of Hospice Nurses."
- Concept based teaching, Use of Simulation/virtual simulation to facilitate learning, Collaborative Teaching, and Reflective thinking.
- AD Criminal Justice Community College Beaver County, Monaca, Pa.
- ADN Community College Beaver County, Monaca, Pa.
- BSN, MSN and PhD from Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Basic Business Certificate, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Office: Morgan Hall Room 338B