Assistant Professor, Department Chair, Global Online RN-BSN Program Coordinator
Department of Nursing and Allied Health
Dr. Weaver has served in nursing education administration as director of a diploma school of nursing in the Pittsburgh, Pa., area. She has served as a district manager for a home care agency. Clinically, she has worked in medical-surgical, telemetry, critical care, post anesthesia recovery, and home care hospice nursing.
Dr. Weaver has over 10 years' experience teaching in undergraduate nursing. As Director of a Diploma RN program, She developed and implemented a simuilation program from the ground up. Also, she has taught utilizing simulation within a diploma RN program.
Dr. Weaver authored and administered several grants totaling $220,000 to support the initial and on-going development of the simulation program. She authored a grant to secure $400,000 to support a Neighborhood Revitalization Program for a Pittsburgh Area Community Hospital prior to joining the California University team. Dr. Weaver joined California U in January 2015 as an assistant professor in teaching in the RN-BSN and MSN programs.
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Organization of Nurse Leaders
- Eastern Nurses Research Society
- Pennsylvania League of Nursing
- National League for Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau, Faculty Sponsor representing CALU
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation & Learning
- Dissertation: "The impact of structured debriefing, following simulation, on BSN student development of clinical reasoning and clinical judgment skills."
- MSN thesis: "Caring Behaviors of Hospice Nurses."
- October 2019, Podium Presentation: “Best Practices in Online Teaching”, at 46th Annual
- Professional Nurse Educator Group (PNEG) Conference, Cleveland, Ohio
- August 2019, “Virtual Synchronous Student Orientation for RN-BSN at Cal-U” study conducted during Fall 2019- Spr 2020 semester.
- January 2019, Podium Presentation: “Prepare to Teach Online: Tips for Course Development, as part of CalU’s Teaching Learning Center Professional Development Series.
- January 2018, “Is an on-line educational environment for you”, Imprint Magazine apublication of the National Student Nurses Association
Social Determinants of Health, Resiliency, Emotional Intelligence, Best Practices in Online Instruction, Concept based teaching, Use of Simulation/virtual simulation to facilitate learning, Collaborative Teaching, and Reflective thinking.
- Associate Degree, Criminal Justice: Community College Beaver County
- Associate Degree, Nursing: Community College Beaver County
- BSN, MSN and Ph.D.: Duquesne University
- Basic Business Certificate, Duquesne University
Office: Morgan Hall Room 338B