MSW Program Director/Associate Professor
Department of Health and Human Service Professions
Dr. Boyle has been an aide to Rep. Nancy Pelosi and a clinical social worker at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC.
- Social Policy Analysis and Service Delivery
- Diversity in a Changing World
Boyle is interested in researching older adults and what influences their ability to remain in their own homes as they age. She also is interested in older adult volunteers and civic engagement.
Student Research Projects
Boyle is involved with the Hartford Partnership Program for Aging Education (HPPA) with master of social work students. MSW students rotate through three agencies that serve older adults and become better educated and prepared to be leaders who provide services to older adults.
She also is involved with a practicum rotation that focuses on violence intervention. She is working with MSW and BSW students on domestic violence issues in Fayette County, Pa.
Service Learning Projects
- American Red Cross of Westmoreland County Board of Directors
- United Way of Westmoreland County Outcomes and Measurement Committee
- Wisdom Work Team and Women's Leadership
In The Classroom
"Last year, a group of students and I were able to go to Harrisburg for APSCUF Lobby Day. We met with state representatives and a state senator, watched the proceedings of the state legislature and attended a legislative reception. It was a wonderful educational opportunity for the students and made ‘policy' come to life."
- B.A.: Political Science, University of California at Los Angeles
- M.S.W.: University of Pennsylvania
- Ph.D.: Widener University
Office: Azorsky Hall Room 202B