Associate Professor and ESL Program Coordinator
Department of Education
Dr. Morris-Rutledge has a passion for advocating for all things ESL and language learning. She is married with two children, enjoys traveling, learning new languages, and cooking.
How language is used by classroom teachers and other school personnel; attitutudes and perceptions of English language learners K-12, Advocacy, and ESL teacher preparation.
- Morris-Rutledge, S. (2020) “Who do we need? We need ESL teachers!” Three Rivers TESOL Spring Newsletter.
- Day, G. & Rutledge, S (2018). Physics Hertz! An Analysis of the Language Demands of the Physics Classroom. Proceedings of the National Conference of Undergraduate Research (student lead research and publication).
- B.A.: History and Political Science, University of South Dakota
- M.A.: English, University of South Dakota
- Ph.D.: Curriculum and Instruction in TESOL, University of Mississippi. Dissertation: Mississippi Teachers' Attitudes and Peceptions Toward English Language Learner Inclusion
Office: Keystone Hall Room 433