Department of Health and Human Service Professions
Dr. Pham's expertise is children, youth, and families, trauma, immigration, community organization, international social work, and qualitative research. Her training includes the Yale Child Study Center and the University of Maryland Center for Addiction, Emotion, and Personality Research with practice experience in community health clinics, children's residential units, and psychiatric hospitals. Dr. Pham is also an applied anthropologist whose ethnographic research spans several countries: Vietnam, Morocco, Spain, and the United States. Her recent book, Moroccan Immigrant Women in Spain: Honor and Marriage, published in 2013/2014 by Lexington Books, provides an ethnographic study that captures the predicaments and strategies used in Moroccan women's adaptation to Spanish society.
- Children, Youth and Families
- Violence and Trauma
- Community Organization and Development
- Moroccan Immigrant Women in Spain: Honor and Marriage (2013), Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
- Practicing Anthropology
- Mediterranean Journal of Social Science Research
- International Journal of Social Work
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Society for Social Work and Research
- Society for Applied Anthropology
- Medical Anthropology Association (Mental Health Interest Group)
- M.S.W.: Smith College School for Social Work
- Ph.D. Applied Anthropology: Columbia University
Office: Azorsky Hall Room 242