Department of Business, Economics and Enterprise Sciences
- Developing the Master Plan
- Introduction to Recreation and Leisure
- Recreation Management and Leadership
Selected Research Projects
- PennWest California Crime Mapping Grant, Department of Justice, Washington, D.C. (2005-2006). Use Geographic Information Systems to study and map crime in Southwestern Pennsylvania. Mueller, Thomas R., and Wickham, Thomas D. Role: Research Team Member
- Future of Hunting in Pennsylvania Grant, Center for Rural Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, Pa. (2004-05). Use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and social surveys in a mixed-method approach to access the impact of residential relocation, urbanization and higher education on hunter retention, hunter recruitment and hunting accessibility within Pennsylvania. Wickham, T., Mueller, T., and Zinn, H. (Penn State). Role: Project Director
- National Energy Technology Laboratory, Pittsburgh, Pa. (2002-2004). Examine brine wells in relation to possible CO2 storage using GIS technology. Nikitina, D., Moses, L., Vargo, R., Mueller, T., Wickham, T., and Kauffman, C. Role: Analyze Data
- Wickham, T., Graefe, A., Burns, R., and Mueller, T. (2004). Distance and Visitor Perceptions of Influence on Management Preferences for New England Anglers. Bricker, K. (ed.), Proceedings of the 2004 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium, Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-302. Newtown Square, Pa.: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station.
- Kyle, G., Bricker, K., Graefe, A., and Wickham, T. (2004). An Examination of Recreationists' Relationships with Activities and Settings. Leisure Sciences. Vol. 26, No. 2, p. 123-142 (April-June 2004).
- Mueller, Thomas R., and Wickham, Thomas D. Creating a GIS Comfort Zone: An Examination of Intro to CAD/GIS (The GIS Portion) - A Pedagogical Review, The Pennsylvania Geographer. Vol. 41, No.2, p. 1-12 (Fall/Winter 2003).
- Wickham, T., Graefe, A., and Burns, R. (2004). C ustomer satisfaction and Overall Satisfaction with Outdoor Recreation Facilities. Schuster, R. (ed.), Proceedings of the 2003 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium, Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-302. Newtown Square, Pa.: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station.
Selected Technical Management Projects
- Wickham, Thomas, Mueller, Thomas, Karnash, Patrick, Zinn, Harry, and Voorhees, Chris. The Future of Hunting in Pennsylvania: Final Report (August 2004).
- Madden, Patrick, Thomas D. Wickham and Thomas R. Mueller. National Parks Service: Battlefield Protection Grant for French and Indian War (April 2004).
- Earl, Arthur, Thomas D. Wickham and Thomas R. Mueller. The Washington Wild Things: A Demographic and Survey Analysis (March 2003).
Selected Professional Presentations
- Fredrick, K., and Wickham, T. (2009). Resucutation a Challenged Program: One Geologist's Approach. 2009 Portland Geological Society of America Annual Meeting, Portland, Ore., October 2009.
- Confer, J., and Wickham, T. (2007). Environmental Justice and the Spatial Distribution of Parks in Alachua County, Florida: An Application of Geographic Information Systems. The 19th Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium, Lake George, N.Y., April 2007.
- Wickham, T. (2005). Travel Distances and Species Preference during Pennsylvania's Hunting Seasons. Pennsylvania Geographical Society Meeting. Greensburg, Pa. October 2005.
Service Learning Projects
- Special Olympics
- Pike Run Fishing Festival
- B.S.: Parks and Recreation, Slippery Rock University
- M.S.: Recreation and Parks, West Virginia University; minor, Public Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy: Leisure Studies; minor in Geography
Office: Eberly Hall Room 235