Department of Exercise Science and Sport Studies
Wendy Batts, MS, NMT, NASM CPT, PES, CES, is an adjunct professor in the undergraduate and graduate exercise science programs at Cal U. She holds a master's degree in exercise science and health promotion from Cal U and a license in neuromuscular therapy. She has been a Master Instructor and subject matter expert for the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) for 13 years - mentoring current and aspiring fitness professionals on the ins and outs of the NASM Optimum Performance Training Model.
In addition to her roles and responsibilities as an educator, for the past 20 years Wendy has been committed to becoming the best trainer and practitioner she can be - helping and empowering others to change their lives through sharing her knowledge, excitement, and enthusiasm for health, fitness, and performance enhancement. Having been mentored directly by noted physical therapist Dr. Mike Clark, Wendy has worked with clients from all demographics ranging from patients in physical therapy clinics to the elite athlete and all levels in-between. Currently, she is a consultant for the performance health company Fusionetics, and owns her own training and therapy business in Atlanta, Georgia working with professional athletes and the region's top CEO's.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science: Arizona State University
- Master’s degree in Exercise Science and Health Promotion: Cal U
- Licensed Massage Therapist with an emphasis in Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT)
- NASM personal trainer certification (CPT)
- NASM performance enhancement specialization (PES)
- NASM corrective exercise specialization (CES)