Resources and Proposal Writing Tips
The Office of Sponsored Programs & Research has added resources and proposal writing tips to assist you in preparing your proposal.
Typical Mistakes Made on Proposals
- Asking for more funding than the funder is willing to give.
- Proposal sounds the same, or lacks a new spin.
- Proposal not well prepared.
- Sending a generic proposal to every funder.
- Not contacting the correct funding agency.
- Failure to meet submission deadline.
- Not following proposal instructions.
- Inflating costs in the budget.
- Poor writing style and misspelled words.
Grant Writer Training Modules
Proposal Writing Resources
Grant Writing Tutorial
Understanding the National Science Foundation