Shuttles and Buses
|Type||Days||Time||Service to Walmart|
|Vulcan Flyer||Monday - Friday||7 a.m. - 11 p.m.||Hourly service to Brownsville Walmart from 1 - 7 p.m. (Last bus from Walmart back to campus is 8 p.m.)|
|Vulcan Flyer||Saturday||10 a.m. - 10 p.m.||Hourly service to Brownsville Walmart from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Last bus from Walmart back to campus is 8 p.m.)|
|Vulcan Flyer||Sunday||10 a.m. - 8 p.m.||No service to Brownsville Walmart|
|Vulcan Express||Monday - Friday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.||From lower Vulcan Village to Morgan Hall only. No service to Brownsville Walmart.|
- Modified service will occur on certain days throughout the semester; hours of service on such days is 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- There will be no service during Thanksgiving Break (Nov. 21-25) or Winter Break (beginning Dec. 16).
- Late night service for Finals Week (Dec. 10-13) will run from 7 a.m. - 1 a.m. (stop located in front of Manderino Library).
- Service for Undergraduate Commencement will run from 7 - 9 a.m. and from noon - 3 p.m. (There will be no service from 9 a.m. - noon).
All stops are located on campus-owned properties.
Weather Delays and Cancellations
Delays: Any time the University announces a weather-related delay of two hours or more. Actual service will begin at least 30 minutes prior to the end of the delay. Example: If the University is to open at 10 a.m., all buses will begin service starting at 9:30 a.m. This is to allow road crews and California Borough to remove snow and treat the roads after a weather event.
Cancellations: There may be times when the University has determined that conditions are such that classes are canceled. During these closures there will be no bus services provided. This determination means that a significant weather event is making conditions unsafe for travel.
The Mid Mon Valley Transit Authority
The Mid Mon Valley Transit Authority has announced several new or updated routes:
- The Cal U Commuter service will provide transportation to the Cal U campus from the park-and-ride lot in Large, Pa. (near Route 51 and Toll Route 43). This service is free for Cal U students with a valid CalCard.
- The Valley 2 service will provide service to shopping options in the area.
In addition, the MMVTA is offering Emergency Ride Home transit, a pilot program in partnership with the regional CommuteInfo program. Emergency Ride Home is designed to provide a contingency option for registered commuters in the event of an unexpected personal or family emergency, personal illness, unscheduled overtime or other eligible event.