Shuttles and Buses
Vulcan Flyer shuttles
Hours of Service
- Weekdays: 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Vulcan "Express" run weekdays from 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Buses do not operate on a time schedule, but loop every 15-20 min.
- Express Service: Vulcan Village to Campus and Morgan Hall runs weekdays from 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Regular Service: Every 15-20 min. on weekdays and every 20-30 min. on weekends.
- Walmart Shopper: Monday-Friday every hour running from noon-7 p.m. Saturdays every hour running from 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
Hours may change for special events.
All stops are located on campus owned properties.
Weather Delays and Cancelations
Delays: Any time the University announces a weather-related delay of two hours or more. Actual service will begin at least 30 min. prior to the end of the delay. Example: if the University is to open at 10 a.m., all buses will begin service starting at 9:30 a.m. This is to allow road crews and the Borough to remove snow and treat the roads after a weather event.
Cancelations: There may be times when the University has determined that conditions are such that the campus is closed. During these closures there will be no bus services provided. This determination means that a significant weather event is making conditions unsafe for travel.
The Mid Mon Valley Transit Authority
The Mid Mon Valley Transit Authority has announced several new or updated routes:
- The Cal U Commuter service will provide transportation to the Cal U campus from the park-and-ride lot in Large, Pa. (near Route 51 and Toll Route 43). This service is free for Cal U students with a valid CalCard.
- The Valley 2 service will provide service to shopping options in the area.
In addition, the MMVTA is offering Emergency Ride Home transit, a pilot program in partnership with the regional CommuteInfo program. Emergency Ride Home is designed to provide a contingency option for registered commuters in the event of an unexpected personal or family emergency, personal illness, unscheduled overtime or other eligible event.