Residency status is determined by the student’s permanent address upon acceptance to PennWest California. If the permanent address is not in Pennsylvania, the student is considered a “non-resident” and is assessed out-of-state tuition rates.

Students who wish to request a change to their residency status, must submit a notarized Residency Classification Data Collection Form and provide documentation required by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to:

Academic Affairs

ATTN: Lanie Bilitski, Box 4
250 University Avenue
California, PA 15419 

Information about residency status is detailed in the PASSHE Student Domicile Regulation policy. This policy was established by the Board of Governors for the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.