Guests of the ceremonies
Welcome to Cal U!
Commencement is the most formal academic ceremony held by the University. It is also the most joyful of our events as we celebrate our students who have worked so hard to earn their degrees.
We are happy to have you in attendance at our Commencement ceremony.
To reduce the number of attendees at each event, graduates will be organized by College. As always the ceremonies will be held in the Convocation Center.
If you are not sure which college your graduate falls under, please check the major lists provided below each ceremony’s information or check with your graduate.
1. The doors to the Convocation Center will open one hour before each ceremony begins.
- Eberly College of Science and Technology ceremony
- Doors to the Convocation Center will open at 8:30 a.m.
- Major List
- College of Education and Liberal Arts ceremony
- Doors to the Convocation Center will open at 12:30 p.m.
- Major List
2. All guests should park in Lot 4, the River Lot, behind the Convocation Center. (Convocation Center is letter Y on the map.)
3. To mitigate risk, all guests must wear masks indoors. Social distancing is strongly recommended.
- Click here for more information regarding Cal U’s COVID response and plans.
4. Each graduate who attends the in-person ceremony is permitted to bring six(6) guests.
- Individuals of any age count as guests.
- Due to COVID capacity limits, we currently are unable to approve additional guests.
5. Families and friends who are unable to attend in person can view the events via livestream.
6. Guests with Disabilities
- Accommodations for guests with disabilities can NOT be reserved in advance. Guests will be offered parking and seating in order of arrival.
- University staff will be available to offer assistance. Please look for individuals wearing a red Cal U lanyard:
- In the Convocation Center lobby, where they will direct guests to our elevators.
- On the second floor of the Convocation Center, where they will direct guests and their companion to our designated seating areas.
7. Lobby Vendors
- The University Bookstore will offer a variety of gift items, flowers and balloons available for purchase at the Convocation Center.