Cal U's 190th Commencement Celebration
Commencement ceremonies are held two times per year, in May and December, at our Convocation Center.
- Graduate ceremony (awarding of master and doctoral degrees): Friday, May 8, 2020 at 7 p.m.
- Undergraduate ceremony (awarding of bachelor and associate degrees): Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 10 a.m.
All January 2020 graduates are invited to attend the May 2020 commencement ceremonies.
All August 2020 graduates are invited to attend the December 2020 commencement ceremonies:
REMINDER: All Prospective May 2020 Graduates
Graduation is not automatic; students must apply the semester they are intending to graduate. Graduation information and details will be sent ONLY to students who have applied by the posted deadline.
- May 2020 Graduation Application Deadline: Applications are due on Friday, February 14th, 2020 (online through VIP).
Please click here to review graduation requirements and instructions and contact information for deans' offices.
Order your graduation-related items online:
- Order personalized announcements, caps and gowns, and diploma frames online through Herff Jones. (Due to special ordering requirements, doctoral degree graduates are not able to purchase regalia online. Please contact the University Bookstore to order: 724-938-5572.)
- Order your Cal U class ring online.
- For graduates attending the ceremonies, pre-register and/or order your ceremony photos from GradImages online.
Save the dates for Cal U's 191st Commencement Celebration:
- Graduate ceremony (awarding of master and doctoral degrees): Friday, December 11, 2020 at 7 p.m.
- Undergraduate ceremony (awarding of bachelor and associate degrees): Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 10 a.m.