january and may 2022 Graduates
Congratulations on your accomplishment!
We are excited to have you attend our upcoming Commencement ceremony. In order to reduce the number of attendees at each event, our ceremonies will be organized by College.
If you are not sure which college your major falls under, please check the major lists provided below. As always the ceremonies will be held in the Convocation Center.
- Eberly College of Science and Technology – 10:00 a.m. Saturday, May 7, 2022.
- Doors to the Convocation Center will open at 8:30 a.m.
- Major List
- College of Education and Liberal Arts – 2:00 p.m. Saturday, May 7, 2022.
- Doors to the Convocation Center will open at 12:30 p.m.
- Major List
*** Graduates should arrive no later than 30 minutes before the start of their ceremony ***
All graduates must park in Lot 4, the River Lot, behind the Convocation Center.
Masks are not required for guests or graduates but the University will have a limited quantity on hand for those who wish to wear one.
As we prepare for the upcoming ceremonies, we will update this webpage regularly. Please bookmark this page for future reference.
Since we are combining our graduate and undergraduates into one ceremony, we have determined that all graduates will be seated in the following order:
- Doctoral graduates
- Master’s graduates
- Bachelor’s graduates
- Associate graduates
Each graduate who attends the in-person ceremony is permitted to bring six (6) guests.
- Individuals of any age count as guests.
- Due to COVID capacity limits, we currently are unable to approve additional guests.
- Masks are not required for guests or graduates, but will be available for those who may wish to wear them.
Upon arrival, all graduates will check in at the Convocation Center and proceed to the arena.
- Once inside the arena, graduates are not permitted to leave until the ceremony is recessed.
- Graduates may help themselves to a complimentary bottle of water; you should immediately find your designated seat.
Graduating Students with Disabilities
- Please be advised that there is a considerable amount of walking during the Commencement processional.
- All student access requests for our Commencement activities and ceremonies should be made to the Academic Records Office at least one month prior to the ceremonies. Please email email@example.com with your request.
Regalia (Caps and Gowns) and Honors Cords:
- University approved regalia is required to participate in the ceremony.
- If applicable, academic honors cords are available from the
Cal UBookstore, free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your cords.
- It is your responsibility to bring the cords with you to the ceremony.
- Extra or replacement cords will NOT be available at the ceremony.
- Click here for more information regarding
Cal U’s COVID response and plans.