International Admissions Process and Requirements

How to Apply to Cal U.

Thank you for your interest in California University of Pennsylvania. The first step to applying to Cal U as an international student is completing an application form. Chose the appropriate application based on your current academic status. Further instructions and requirements are provided below.

International Undergraduate Application

Use this application if you currently live or were educated outside the United States and have never been enrolled in a college or university, with the exception of dual enrollment while in high school.

Apply Now 

International Graduate Application 

Use this application if you reside in a country other than the United States, have earned a college degree, and wish to pursue a master's degree, doctoral degree or advanced professional studies.


Undergraduate Application Instructions and Requirements

To complete the undergraduate application process:

  1. Complete the online international undergraduate application.
  2. Submit a non-refundable $50 application fee through
  3. Submit the following additional required items:
    • Affidavit of financial support.
    • Official/notarized documentation verifying financial support.
    • Official academic transcripts.
    • English language test score (TOEFT or ILETS): See chart below
    • Copy of the biographical page of your passport.
    • SAT score.


If you have any questions, please contact Ryan James at or telephone +1 724-938-4617.

Graduate Application Instructions and Requirements

Please note: The following application instructions and requirements are only for admission to on-campus programs. If you plan to attend a Global Online program, visit the Global Online application process page.

To complete the international graduate admissions process:

  1. Complete the international graduate application
  2. Submit these additional required items:
      1. Non-refundable $50 application fee through
      2. Affidavit of financial support.
      3. English language test score (TOEFL, IELTS or ITEP): See chart below
      4. Transcript evaluation.

        It may be possible for the School of Graduate Studies and Research to provide a free evaluation of your transcripts if they are in English.  You may submit your transcripts for review.  However, if we are unable to evaluate your transcripts, or if your transcripts are not in English, a document-by-document evaluation will be required by an acceptable evaluation service agency such as WES or Silney to certify an equivalent degree in the United States on a 4.0 grade-point scale. 

      5. Additional Program Requirements - Additional requirements may be required based on your intended major.  Please view our program admission requirements to determine if any supplemental requirements are needed. 

For questions, please contact or telephone 724-938-4187.

Required English Language Test Scores



TOEFL Computer

TOEFL Internet



Undergraduate Full Admissions






Graduate Full Admission







English Language Test Exemptions

The following applicants may be considered for admission to graduate study submitting English language test scores (e.g., IELTS, TOEFL):

Language Degree Exemptions

Those who hold a degree in which the language of instruction was English, provided English is the official language of the country in which the university is located OR the institution is accredited by a U.S. regional accrediting agency.


Citizens of the following countries:

  • Anguilla
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Australia
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Bermuda
  • Botswana
  • British Virgin Islands
  • Cameroon*
  • Canada*
  • Cayman Islands
  • Dominica
  • Gambia
  • Ghana
  • Grenada
  • Guyana
  • Jamaica
  • Kiribati
  • Lesotho
  • Liberia
  • Micronesia
  • Montserrat
  • Namibia
  • New Zealand
  • Nigeria
  • Saint Kitts and Nevis
  • Saint Lucia
  • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Seychelles
  • Sierra Leone
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • Turks and Caicos Islands
  • Uganda
  • United Kingdom
  • Zimbabwe

*Applies to applicants whose post-secondary degree is from a university in which English is the language of instruction.

International Payments

California University of Pennsylvania partners with Flywire by peerTransfer to provide you with an easy and secure method of sending international payments. peerTransfer allows you to:

  • Track your payment from start to finish.
  • Pay from any country and any bank.
  • Save on bank fees and exchange rates.
  • Receive peace of mind with dedicated multilingual customer support.

Go to Flywire to make your application and tuition deposit payments.