Limited-contact campus visits resume, other options are available for prospective students and their families who are interested in learning more about Cal U.
Cal U is bringing back on-campus visits – with COVID-19 safety protocols in place – as prospective students and their families explore their college options this fall.
Beginning Sept. 8, prospective students and families can visit campus from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. weekdays for a single-family tour. Students also can choose a small-group campus visit experience limited to no more than three students with two family members each.
Visitors will be required to wear masks and adhere to social distancing guidelines while they are on campus.
“We know how important it is for some students to be able to visit our beautiful campus in person,” said Dr. Tracey Sheetz, dean of admissions. “By limiting the number of visitors and observing social distancing recommendations, we are pleased to be able to offer this option for fall.”
Virtual options and a drive-through campus tour also will be available:
- Virtual open house events will be held from 10 a.m.-noon Sept. 19 and Oct. 12. Students can talk with Cal U administrators, staff and students in live chat rooms, discover majors, and learn more about the admission process, financial aid and student life.
- Student tour guides will host social media sessions on Facebook Live for prospective students at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays through the end of the semester.
- One-on-one chats with admissions counselors will be held at noon daily via Zoom.
- Facebook Live sessions will be held at 3 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month.
- Instagram Live sessions will be held at 3 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month.
- Contactless vehicle tours will be available at 11 a.m. weekdays and 3 p.m. Monday and Friday.
Registration is required for all campus visit events. For more information or to register for one of the campus visit options, visit calu.edu/visit or call 724-938-1626.