One (1) Full-Time Graduate Assistant needed to aid in a variety of library-related activities for Fall 2017 - Spring 2018.
Prior experience is not necessary. Position works directly with the librarians and could include assistance with any of the following responsibilities depending on individual skill sets:
· Assistance at specific service points in conjunction with faculty
· Library event promotion (e.g., stress relief, library workshops)
· Help with library communications such as social media
· Investigating collection development opportunities
· Online media production
· Assistance with basic instructional design / information literacy class preparation
· Digitization Projects (assisting with scanning, organizing content, archiving content)
· Other duties as assigned
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
· Commitment to professionalism
· Good sense of humor
· Willingness to learn and try new things
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to complete tasks when unsupervised
20 hours per week / 300 hours per semester. Specific days and times are negotiable. Typical schedule is weekdays only.
Please email a cover letter, resume/CV, and names of three references (with contact information) to Dr. Sittler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your major and why you are interested in this position. Feel free to email with any questions. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
Interviews will take place between August 2017 and early September 2017. Open until filled. Previous applicants are encouraged to resubmit materials.