HELP US TEST THE CAL U ALERT SYSTEM
A TEST of the Cal U Alert System is scheduled for Thursday, September 28, 2017. The test will occur between 11:30 a.m. and noon.
The Cal U Alert System will deliver:
· Text alerts to registered participants.
· E-mail to all campus accounts.
· Updates to the Cal U website, www.calu.edu.
· Desktop alerts to University computers.
These methods of communication will keep you informed in case of an emergency on or near campus. Cal U Alerts also is used to notify you about delays or cancellations due to severe weather.
DURING THE TEST:
Text and email messages, as well as the desktop alert, will announce that we are conducting a test, and you will be directed to the Cal U website. PLEASE VISIT THE WEBSITE, www.calu.edu, so we can determine the effect of increased traffic during an emergency.
In an actual emergency, the Cal U website typically will be your most complete source for information. Check the “NEWS” carousel at the bottom of the homepage for emergency information and updates. (In certain cases, emergency information may replace the entire homepage.)
TO RENEW YOUR ACCOUNT FOR 2017-2018
If you were registered for the Cal U Alerts emergency text messaging service for the 2016-2017 year, you have been automatically re-enrolled in the system and your new expiration date is May 20, 2018.
If you have made changes to your cellphone service, such as a new phone number or carrier, HAVE YOUR MOBILE PHONE WITH YOU and use these instructions to update your account:
· Go to the Cal U website and click on QUICK LINKS, then select “Cal U Text Alert Registration.”
· You will be prompted to log in using your username and password. This is the same username and password used to access your campus email.
· At the Cal U Alerts page, go to the bottom section and log in to your account using your Cal U Alert username and password. (This is the username and password you created when you first registered for Cal U Alerts. It may be different from your email account.)
· After you have logged in, information regarding your account will appear on the Dashboard screen.
· To edit your contact information, click on the “Services” tab. If your phone number or carrier is not correct, click the “Delete” button to the right of the incorrect information. Confirm the delete operation.
· Then add your new contact information in the boxes provided. Click the “Add” button to confirm/complete the editing process.
· During the sign-up process, a four-digit validation code will be sent to your cellphone via text. You MUST enter this validation code on the sign-up form to complete your registration. (NOTE: An unvalidated phone number will NOT receive text messages from Cal U Alerts).
· Log out of the system
TO REGISTER FOR ALERTS BY CREATING A NEW ACCOUNT:
Register online to receive emergency text alerts. HAVE YOUR MOBILE PHONE WITH YOU WHEN YOU REGISTER. Then follow these steps:
· Go to the Cal U website and click on “QUICK LINKS”.
· Click on the “Cal U Text Alert Registration” link.
· You will be prompted to log in using your username and password. (This is the same username and password used to access your campus email account.
· At the Cal U Alerts page, provide the requested information under the New User Sign-Up Form.
· During the sign-up process, a four-digit validation code will be sent to your phone via text. You MUST enter this validation code on the sign-up form to complete your registration. (NOTE: An unvalidated phone number will NOT receive text messages from Cal U Alerts).
· Log out.
Thank you for helping us test the Cal U Emergency Alert System.
If you have questions, please contact Brian Cunningham at 724-938-4417 (or Ext. 4417)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.