Chemistry Rocks! Exploring the Chemistry of Rocks and Minerals
an ACS Program-in-a-Box
When: Tuesday, October 24th at 6:45pm
Where: New Science 127
There will be pizza and door prizes available to all participants
Topics of Discussion:
• How can we use minerals to improve the quality of life?
• What is the structural chemistry of various gemstones?
• What is biomineralization and how can it inspire sustainable and novel building materials?
• How mineralizing carbon dioxide can make an impact on the future of climate change?
• What is the energy-water-food nexus and why do minerals matter?
• What are some potential future careers in rock and mineral chemistry?
Featuring expert webinar panelists from SciShow, Washington University in St. Louis, American Geophysical Union, and Blue Planet