The Women’s Studies Program at California University of PA established a relationship with PEO Chapter AS, an organization of women who, among other philanthropies, promote continuing education for women. The Chapter is pleased to announce a spring 2018 grant opportunity at California University of Pennsylvania.
PEO States: “This grant is for women whose education has been interrupted and who find it necessary to return to school to complete a degree or certification that will improve her marketable skills for employment to support herself and/or her family.”
If you meet the criteria listed below, please submit via email: a letter stating your specific educational needs and why you feel you would be a good candidate, transcripts, and recommendation from a faculty advisor to Dr. Marta McClintock-Comeaux (email@example.com), Director of the Women’s Studies Program, by December 13, 2017.
· Recommended by a PEO chapter (this will be determined after reviewing applicants).
· Enrolled in a certification or degree program; not a doctoral degree program. (Proof of enrollment is required).
· Have had at least 24 consecutive months as a non-student sometime in adult life. This grant is for women whose education has been interrupted and who find it necessary to return to school to complete a degree or certification that will improve their marketable skills for employment to support themselves and/or their families.
· Citizen or legal permanent resident of United States or Canada.
· Studying and living in US or Canada for entire course of study.
· At least 24 consecutive months of completing educational program which at its conclusion, will lead to employment or job advancement.
· To be used only for educational expenses, e.g., tuition, books, supplies, transportation, childcare while in class, required uniforms, testing fees and equipment/tools.
· This is a one time only need-based grant awarded for academic, technical or online courses.
Maximum is a $3,000 grant; lesser amounts may be requested and/or awarded.
Good luck, and we are excited to support one woman’s educational endeavor!