Success Center GA Position:
The Success Center in Noss will be hiring for the fall 2019 school year. This position requires the GA to be physically present in the Noss Hall Success Center. The Success Center is a centralized campus academic resource for all students. The GA will meet with students and provide a wide range of student support services such as one-on-one training, workshops and academic resources that can be tailored to meet individual student needs. GAs in the Success Center also work with students who are on academic probation and conditional acceptance. These students meet weekly with their assigned GA to ensure they are meeting requirements. The GA will also assist the Student Success Specialist with hands-on presentations, demonstrations, training sessions, walk-in workshops, the Four Year Grad plan and various duties as needed.
· CUSTOMER SERVICE! CUSTOMER SERVICE! CUSTOMER SERVICE!
· Positive Attitude
· EXCELLENT Communication
· Empathic and caring
· Active Listener
· Creative thinker
· Effective public speaker
· Critical thinker
· Problem solver
· Meets with students on a daily basis
· Contacts students weekly using email, phone and Starfish
· Takes daily student notes documenting progress/concerns and attendance
· Presents and prepares workshops for students campus wide
· Presents workshops for a variety of offices on campus
· Navigates through Starfish to set up appointments, contact and assist students
· Interacts with students via Starfish by responding to emails to offer support services or resources
· Updates social media accounts
· Connects and coordinates on-line and on-campus students with the appropriate support services
· Assists the Student Success Specialist with hands-on presentations, demonstrations, training sessions, walk-in workshops and various duties
· Responds appropriately to student crisis situations when necessary
· Hosts information tables at events
· Compiles survey results
· Additional tasks as assigned
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, August 23, 2019.
If you are contacted for an interview, you will need to submit three (3) professional references and one (1) professor reference. As well as create a PowerPoint on the “Academic Ways to Succeed” and give a 5-minute presentation.