The Career & Professional Development Center is excited to announce the fall opening of our Cal U Campus Closet!
The Campus Closet will offer professional and business casual wardrobe options to prepare students for professional experiences such as interviews, internships, job shadows, career fairs, networking events, conferences, field experiences, presentations and class assignments. The goal is to help students learn how to dress and develop professionally without having to worry about cost.
What Can You Do to Support the Cal U Campus Closet?
We need your help! Over the next month, we will be collecting donations for male and female dress. The following gently used items are accepted:
· Full suits (men’s and women’s) - black, navy, grey and brown
· Sport coats - black, navy, grey and brown
· Women’s blouses, skirts, dress pants, shirts and dresses
· Women’s dress shirts, skirts, pants and dresses
· Men’s dress shirts, polo shirts, dress pants and khaki pants
· Men’s ties and bow ties
· Men’s and women’s belts
· Men’s and women’s shoes
· Jewelry, makeup and personal hygiene products
· Purses, padfolios and briefcases
Criteria to Donate:
· All items must be newly laundered and dry-cleaned; preferably on hangers
· No stains, tears, rips, missing buttons or broken zippers
· Clothes must be free of mildew and cigarette smell
· Shoes must be intact - no broken heels or soles
· Makeup and hygiene products must be unopened
· Earrings must have backs to them and necklaces/bracelets must have clasps that work
Options to Support the Cal U Campus Closet:
· Donate clothing or other items listed above
· Host a bin in your office to help stock the Campus Closet! The CPDC will drop off the bin and pick it up 2 weeks later. To host a bin click here.
· Do you belong to a community group that is looking for a service project? Ask them to host a bin and serve as the point person!
· Donate a gift card for a student! Gift card donations can be to stores that sell professional attire, dry cleaners or local seamstress shops, or grooming and salon services. Please ask us for a list of preferred service providers.
Thank you for your support as we launch this new initiative! Please contact Bridgett Nobili, Campus Closet point person, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-938-4826 if you have any questions.