FROM: Financial Aid Office
RE: Highmark Healthcare Scholarship for Rising Juniors Application Deadline Extended
Sent: 8/22/2019 11:11:34 AM
To: Students, Faculty, Staff
Highmark Healthcare Scholarship for Rising Juniors- Application Deadline Extended to September 4, 2019.
This scholarship is generously funded by Highmark to help address the ever-growing need for trained healthcare professionals to meet the demands of the Commonwealth and beyond.
- Must be a resident of Pennsylvania and enrolled as a full-time student at one of the 14 State System universities.
- Must be pursuing a degree in the healthcare profession such as: informatics, computer science*, information technology*, allied health or a healthcare field such as, nursing, pre-physician assistant, pre-medicine, biology, health science, audiology, speech pathology, medical imagery, health science and physical therapy.
- Must be a rising junior for the Fall 2019 semester who has earned 60 credits with a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by FAFSA.
*Students majoring in IT or computer science may be eligible for a paid internship with Highmark and will be notified about the details of this additional opportunity.
Number of Awards and Amount Awarded
- One hundred (100) scholarships will be awarded.
- This scholarship is a two-year award in the amount of $1,000 per year.
- Recipients will receive $1,000 for the Fall 2019 semester and $1,000 for the Fall 2020 semester as long as eligibility requirements are maintained.
- Complete the Highmark Healthcare Scholarship for Rising Juniors application.
- Include a transcript
- An essay on why you chose a career in the field of healthcare.
For more information visit www.thepafoundation.org