FROM: Student Affairs
RE: Week 3! Get Involved at Cal U!
Sent: 9/10/2019 10:21:52 AM
To: Students, Faculty, Staff
Get Involved at Cal U!!
Opportunities are available through Student Activities and Leadership Programs:
- The Student Activities Board plans social, entertainment, and cultural events for the students at California University. Get involved by joining the board on Thursday at 5:00 p.m. in the Vulcan Theater in the Natali Student Center!
- There are over 100 clubs and organizations on campus where student can find their area of involvement. Visit the Student Association for a list of all clubs and organization on campus, and/or stop by the Club and Organization Fair on Tuesday, September 10!
- The Student Government Association is made up of three governing bodies: Student Senate, Student Cabinet, and the House of Representatives.
- Student Senate works with issues pertaining to the student body such as campus safety, registration, working with auxiliary groups, and more. Student senate meets on Mondays at 4:15 p.m. in the Natali Student Center room 206/207.
- Student Cabinet is tasked with preparing the budget (from student activity fee money) for over 100 allocated clubs and organizations on campus and for setting policies regarding those funds.
- The House of Representatives is made up of one representative of each club and organization, and disseminates information from various campus entities back to the clubs.
For more information, stop by the Natali Student Center, room 101.
The Elmo Natali Student Center has all the comforts of home for both residential and commuter students, while providing quality conference services. Located on Third Street, in the heart of the California campus, the Student Center is home to the Gold Rush dining facility and other retail food outlets, as well as the Cal U Student Bookstore, billiards room, Multimedia Access Center (MAC) Lab and a variety of campus offices.
The Natali Student Center is part of the ACUI, Association of College Unions International.