- Herron is open from 6:00am-11:00pm Monday through Thursday and 6:00am-10:00 pm on Friday. Weekend hours are 10:00am-6:00pm on Saturday and 1:00pm-9:00pm on Sunday.
- This facility is open to student, staff, faculty, and alumni of the university.
- The second floor of the building is a three-lane track that is 1/16 of a mile around.
- The men’s and women’s locker rooms are both equipped with dry saunas.
- Two racquetball courts are available for reservation.
- Basketballs, racquets, resistance bands and other equipment are available to rent at the front desk with a valid Cal card.
- Vulcans Peak is 33ft high and obelisk shaped, perfect for all levels of experience!
- There are two types of climbing: Bouldering and Top roping
o Bouldering: Climber can climb to up to the 10-foot line without a harness
o Top Roping: Climber is harnessed and can climb to the top of the wall with a certified belayer
- Throughout the semester, several climbing competitions are held and there are chances to win prizes!
- Climbing shoes, harnesses, chalk, and helmets are all provided for climbers!
- The Fitness Challenge Course is 1.25 miles long with 11 stations.
- Discs can be rented at Herron Recreation and Fitness Center for the 18-Hole Disc Golf Course
- Cal U offers 17 different sports clubs and 19 different teams
- The clubs consist of male, female, and co-ed teams
- These clubs compete at all levels from local, regional, and national levels.
- For more information, contact Jamison Roth – email@example.com
- Intramural programs are offers over 30 programs a year from 1-2 day tournaments, monthly seasons and electronic and fantasy games
- Each program has a competitive and recreational league for members to join
- There are no additional fees to pay to participate in intramurals
- To participate, members sign up electronically through IM Leagues
- There are no additional fees to pay to participate in group fitness classes
- Classes are offered daily and do not require reservations
o Except for Cycle class (only 12 bikes available)
- All classes and schedules can be found on IM Leagues
- Fitness classes are inclusive to all levels of experience
- The Aquatics area is fully equipped with a steam room, whirlpool, and a three-lane lap pool.
- Members can only use this area of Recreational Services when a lifeguard is present
- Lockers are available to use while in the aquatics area