FROM: The Department of English
RE: William C. Kitto Jr. Scholarship
Sent: 3/24/2020 8:17:02 AM
California University of Pennsylvania
William C. Kitto Jr. Scholarship
Scholarship: The scholarship shall be awarded to a sophomore California University of Pennsylvania student majoring in English with a concentration in journalism who demonstrates financial need. The scholarship will award $755 in the 2020/2021 academic year. William Kitto was the father of Carol Kubalinski, a retired employee of the university. Mr. Kitto encouraged his children to pursue education. The family wants to recognize Mr. Kitto's devotion to education through this scholarship.
Qualifications: English sophomore major with a journalism concentration. The student should have an overall 3.0 GPA and should be taking or should have taken at least one journalism class.
Special Consideration: Membership in Cal UIs Society of Professional Journalists and staff work for the California Times will be considered in the awarding of this scholarship. Publications in newspapers and/or magazines also will be a consideration.
Deadline: March 30, 2020
Entries: To request an application form please email Mary Marcini, English Department Secretary at email@example.com.
1. A letter demonstrating financial need and stating the student's goals in the media field as well as publications should be submitted.
2. A sample journalism story (published preferred, but not necessary) should be included.
3. Student should have a B grade point average or higher. Provide transcript (unofficial will suffice).
4. The student must be an English major with a concentration in journalism.
5. Entries must be submitted by due date above.
The William C. Kitto Jr. Journalism Scholarship Committee is a sub-committee of the English department.
Direct any questions to Dr. Anthony Todd Carlisle: firstname.lastname@example.org.