April is Alcohol Awareness Month.
Even though we aren't on campus right now, we still want alcohol awareness to be fun and interactive. H.E.A.R.T. (Health Education Awareness Resource Team) will be sending an email announcement with facts about alcohol Monday-Thursday of this week. On Friday, a quiz will be sent in the announcements. All those who complete the quiz by Friday at 4pm will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Amazon e-gift card!
Here are some facts about alcohol:
• Recovery from alcohol addiction IS possible.
• ON-CAMPUS RESOURCES:
• When classes return on campus, the PARC (Prevention Awareness Recovery Center), located on the ground floor of Carter Hall (G-45) is open 24/7 for students to utilize.
• DISTANCE LEARNING RESOURCES:
• Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are offering free virtual support groups during this time.
• A Drug and Alcohol Education Specialist is able to assist students who need recovery support, rehabilitation, or other services for achieve or maintain sobriety and recovery.
• The Cal U Counseling Center is able to assist students in need during the remote learning period.
• Contact Rachel Michaels at email@example.com for more information on either of the resources listed above.
Be sure to check the announcements EACH DAY for more alcohol awareness information so that you can be sure to ace the quiz on Friday and win some money!!! For questions, please contact Rachel Michaels at firstname.lastname@example.org