Current AnnouncementsFROM: Human Resources RE: STATEMENT TO EMPLOYEES REGARDING POLICY, STANDARD OF CONDUCT & PROGRAMS IN SUPPORT OF THE DRUG-FREE SCHOOLS ACT
Sent: 10/29/2012 3:53:45 PM
To: Faculty, Staff
Cal U strongly encourages each Cal U employee to read and become thoroughly familiar with information regarding alcohol and other drugs as provided through Cal U's informational web site at:
This web site provides information concerning:
· California University’s BILL OF RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
· The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s SUBSTANCE ABUSE POLICY.
· Applicable legal SANCTIONS under federal, state, or local law for the unlawful possession or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol, including a clear statement that the institution will impose disciplinary sanctions on employees (consistent with federal, state, or local law), and a description of those sanctions, up to and including termination of employment and referral for prosecution, for violations of the standards of conduct.
· The HEALTH RISKS associated with the use of illicit drugs and the abuse of alcohol.
· Alcohol or other drug counseling, treatment, rehabilitation, and re-entry TREATMENT RESOURCES available to employees.
Professionals are prepared to provide further information or assistance. Please contact Human Resources at 724.938.4427 or visit our office located in Room 408, Dixon Hall.