Current AnnouncementsFROM: Student Affairs RE: Off Campus Renting Concern
Sent: 3/11/2013 12:19:40 PM
Thinking about where you’re going to live next year? If you’re considering living off campus, avoid problems or getting taken advantage of by taking the right steps such as:
1. Making sure the listing is genuine and from a legitimate source. (Don’t be scammed by reported fake Craig’s List postings)
2. Making sure you get general information about the property such as how it’s heated, landlord rules or expectations, repair process and emergency procedures.
3. Learning about the property location and amenities.
4. Asking about the safety and security of property and the area.
5. Checking into the landlord and his/her reputation.
6. Making sure you look at the property before signing any documents or giving any money.
7. Remember the 4 Semester Rule: All freshman outside commuting distance to the University, MUST reside in University housing for the first 4 semesters.
REMEMBER UNIVERSITY HOUSING IS AN OPTION.
CONTACT THE HOUSING OFFICE AT 724-938-4444 OR VULCAN VILLAGE AT 724-938-8990.