Current AnnouncementsFROM: Teaching and Learning Center RE: Tech Tuesdays
Sent: 3/18/2013 12:38:51 PM
To: Faculty, Staff
Teaching and Learning Center
The TLC offers face-to-face and virtual technology help Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. by appointment.
Appointments can be made by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone: 724-938-4168
Also you can join us on our:
May 14, 2013
Walk-ins are also welcome on “Tech Tuesday” – “no appointment necessary”
Between the hours of 8:00 AM – 12:00PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00PM
Our staff will be on-hand to assist with:
· Desire2Learn (D2L): Sharing tips and strategies
· Mobile Apps: D2L
· Respondus : A tool for creating and managing exams that can be published directly to D2L. Exams can be created offline using MS Word or a publishers’ test bank.
· Narrated PowerPoint: Integration into your course and D2L
· Microsoft Office: (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
· Windows 7 and Mac OS X: features, functions, and etc.
· Skype: Desktop sharing and peer to peer communication
· iPads/iPod touches/Laptops/Tablets: Classroom integration methods and device management protocols
· Mobile Apps: Recommendation on academic apps, adopting/integrating mobile apps within your course and mobile app content creation
· Add audio: Utilizing software and web tools, instructors can develop narrated presentations for class use
· Smart Classroom: Training, management, protocols and engaging students
· Smart Sympodiums: Sharing tips, techniques and best practices
· Content Creation: Video, Audio, PDF(s) and etc.
· Media Site: Lecture capture and live streaming lecture(s)
Teaching and Learning Center (TLC)
Dr. Joseph Zisk, Christopher J. DeJuliis, Jon Kallis, Adam Stairs, and Rendie Settles