Current AnnouncementsFROM: Jodie Rooney RE: Are you graduating next weekend? Review our graduation checklist.
Sent: 5/6/2013 3:12:11 PM
To: Students, Faculty, Staff
To All Graduating Students:
Are you ready for commencement next weekend? We are working hard on last minute details to ensure a memorable event for all involved.
Here is a quick checklist to make sure you are on track. If you have not taken care of all of the items listed below, please be sure to do so immediately.
ü Purchase cap and gown from the University bookstore.
ü RSVP (whether attending or not attending) for the President’s Dinner for Graduates. (Link and details are included below.)
ü Return parking permit.
ü Clear up all outstanding student accounts (e.g., financial aid, health insurance, bursar, and library).
ü Register and upload your resume on the College Central Network (Cal U’s online job/resume posting system) at www.collegecentral.com/calu as soon as possible. Don’t miss out on possible job opportunities! Your resume will be reviewed and approved online by a Career Services staff member so that it is ready to be referred to hiring employers.
· IMPORTANT: Your Cal U e-mail will expire shortly after you graduate, so be sure to include a phone number and e-mail address where you can be reached after graduation in your College Central Network registration!
ü Consider giving to the 2013 Senior Class Gift Drive (earn special privileges and receive a red tassel). Make your gift online by visiting: https://www.calu.edu/giving/give-online/senior-gift-drive/index.jsp. You can donate at the Senior Gift Drive table located in the Union from 11am to 2pm, May 6-10 and May 13-16.
· You can also bring your gift to The Foundation for Cal U in the Kara Alumni House, or give online by clicking 2013 Senior Gift Drive. Please make all checks payable to the “Foundation for California University of Pennsylvania.”
ü If you are attending the ceremony, please look for a final informational mailing that is being sent to your permanent address on record. This mailing includes a letter, details and instructions, and a parking map. A reminder that no tickets are issued for commencement.
ü Review the commencement Web pages for the most updated event details: http://www.calu.edu/events/commencement/index.htm
President’s Dinner – RSVPs are due by May 9. Please follow this link and instructions to RSVP:
1. Complete the “Event Registration Form.”
2. Click “Next” button.
3. Review your information and click “Submit” button.
4. You will receive a confirmation email indicating your registration has been accepted.
The President’s Dinner for Graduates is open to graduating students only and the commencement rehearsal will be held immediately following the dinner. While the dinner and rehearsals are not mandatory, we encourage your participation at the appropriate rehearsal if possible.
Congratulations to our more than 1,200 undergraduate and graduate school Class of 2013 May candidates!