Current AnnouncementsFROM: Teaching and Learning Center RE: Tech Tuesdays
Sent: 10/28/2013 12:25:38 PM
To: Faculty, Staff
Technology Help Open House
The TLC is offering face-to-face technology help.
Come to our TLC faculty help open house – walk-ins welcome!
Note: In addition to the hours below, appointments may be made by
emailing email@example.com or by phone 724-938-4168
November 5, 12, 19, 26
8:00AM - 12:00PM & 1:00PM to 4:00PM
Tlc lab Keystone 411
Staff will be on-hand to assist with:
· Desire2Learn (D2L): Sharing tips and strategies
· Mobile Apps: D2L
· Respondus : A tool for creating and managing exams that can be published directly to D2L. Exams can be created offline using MS Word or a publishers’ test bank.
· Narrated PowerPoint: Integration into your course and D2L
· Microsoft Office: (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
· Softchalk: Create engaging multi-media content that can be placed on D2L
· Skype: Desktop sharing and peer to peer communication
· iPads/iPod touches/Laptops/Tablets: Classroom integration methods and device management protocols
· Mobile Apps: Recommendation on academic apps, adopting/integrating mobile apps within your course and mobile app content creation
· Add audio: Utilizing software and web tools, instructors can develop narrated presentations for class use
· Smart Classroom: Training, management, protocols and engaging students
· Smart Sympodiums: Sharing tips, techniques and best practices
· Content Creation: Video, Audio, PDF(s) and etc.
Teaching and Learning Center (TLC)
Dr. Joseph Zisk, Christopher J. DeJuliis, Jon Kallis, Rendie Settles