Current AnnouncementsFROM: Dr. Gina Boff RE: Christmas for Soldiers Drive
Sent: 10/31/2013 10:36:04 AM
To: Students, Faculty, Staff
Care Packages for Soldier Overseas!
November 6th – November 26th
A local non-profit organization called War & Veterans, Inc. of Uniontown, PA, is seeking help to send care packages to our armed forces that will be stationed overseas this Christmas. You can help!
There will be a collection drive – November 6th through November 26th – to collect items for care packages. A collection box will be set up in the lobby of Eberly, beginning on Wednesday, November 6th through Tuesday, November 26th.
More than welcome are student clubs or organizations who may wish to write notes or Christmas cards, or who may wish to hold a club-sponsored drive for your required community service. Flyers, collection cans, and other items are available – contact Dr. Gina Boff at 724-938-4117 of email@example.com for more information or to make special drop-off arrangements.
Items needed are:
· Toiletries for both men and women – shampoo, conditioner, body wash, bar soap, shaving cream, razors, toothpaste, tooth brushes, hand sanitizer, moisturizer, chap stick, travel-size tissues.
· Personal size snack items, such as chips, pretzels, cookies, candy, snack cakes, cheese or PB crackers, fruit snacks, nuts, granola bars (the idea is that we don’t want to fill a box with a giant bag of chips that costs $15 to send).
· Pop-tarts, individual-size boxes of cereal, instant oatmeal, pudding and jello cups, fruit and applesauce cups.
· Any type of drink in an individual packet or “stick”, that can be mixed with water (instant coffee or tea, flavored drinks, energy drinks, etc., tea bags, creamer packets, sugar/artificial sweetener packets, juice boxes, drink boxes.
· Quick-fix soups, pastas, meals, mac&cheese (preferably not canned items, but the microwavable types).
· Game books such as crossword puzzles and word searches, decks of cards, notepads, pens, pencils, stationary, envelopes, all-occasion cards.
· Zip-lock bags – gallon, pint and snack size.
Packages will be assembled over Thanksgiving and delivered to the War and Veterans organization, who will then ship the packages to our troops, stationed in Afghanistan, in time for Christmas.
If you wish to make a monetary donation, you can:
· Make a check payable to War and Veterens, Inc. , which you can either include to be submitted with this drive by sending it to Gina Boff at campus box # 54, or mail it directly to War and Veterans, Inc., 322 Dixon Blvd., Uniontown, PA 15401. (If mailing directly, please reference Cal U’s drive in the memo.)
· Make a donation through PayPal or Debit/Credit card at the War and Veterans, Inc. web site at www.warandvet.org
Consider giving back to those who ensure that America remains a free nation.