Current AnnouncementsFROM: HEART RE: Healthy Monday Tip!
Sent: 6/5/2014 12:52:10 PM
To: Students, Faculty, Staff
Healthy Monday: Swimming
· Swimming is a great way to get aerobic physical activity.
· Swimming fast at more than 2 laps per minute will start to burn calories around the same rate of a slow run
· Just 2 ½ hours of swimming per week can reduce the risk of a chronic illness.
· Aerobic exercise may improve the health of those living with diabetes and heart disease.
· It is important to be aware of health risks such as sunburn, drowning, and other injuries.
To learn more about swimming benefits and ways to stay safe, visit http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/swimming/
Brought to you by the Health and Wellness Education Center----Carter Hall G82
Any Questions? Contact Fran Fayish x 5922 email@example.com