Global Online International Applicants: How to Apply
California University welcomes applications from students from countries other than the United States. All international students who apply for graduate studies must meet the same entrance requirements as all other students.
For admission, the following documents must be submitted in addition to any specific program requirements (Please view program admission requirements at www.calu.edu):
- A completed Global Online application and non-refundable $25 application fee.
Document-by-document evaluation of transcripts to verify the possession of the equivalent of overall required grade point average based on program selection. Evaluations may be waived if the primary language of instruction is English where a baccalaureate, masters and/or doctoral degree was earned. In addition, transcripts must be in English and on a 4.0 scale.
Certified English translation of official transcripts that verify earning the equivalent of a baccalaureate degree in the United States.
Transcript Evaluations: for 2 and 3 above, one of the following organizations may be used to provide the required service. Contact the organization, request or download an application, complete the application listing "California University of Pennsylvania, School of Graduate Studies & Research" as the recipient, and return it to the organization with the required fees and credentials. Transcript evaluations can take up to four weeks or more to complete after all documents are received. Check with the service(s) for their timelines and specific fee structure(s).
World Education Services Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113
International Test Score Requirements:
|ESL Only||less than 325||less than 50||less than 15||less than 3.0||less than 2.0|
|ESL Only||less than 343||less than 60||less than 19||less than 4.0||less than 2.5|
- Conditional Admission may require at least 6 credits of English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction during the first semester.
- Additional ESL courses may be required for students who are conditionally admitted.
- Assessment by faculty will determine if the student requires additional ESL courses after the first semester. ESL courses may be required in addition to program coursework.
Learn more about the many services and programs Cal U offers to international students:
- Academic English and American Culture Program
- International Club
- International Student Services
- Visiting Students Program
Want more information about our Global Online Programs?
For further questions regarding Cal U, Global Online or the Application Process, please contact us or call us at 1.866.595.6348.