Campus Living at Cal U
Top-quality Campus Living with Housing You'll Love to Call Home.
Cal U is known for healthy lifestyles and some of the best university housing in the nation. You won't find any cramped dorm rooms here. You'll feel right at home in our modern housing that's convenient, safe and exceptionally comfortable.
Choose to live in a residence hall in the heart of campus, a college apartment in Vulcan Village, or commute to school. No matter where you live, you'll be able to take advantage of:
- Exceptional facilities and fitness classes at our Herron Recreation and Fitness Center.
- More than 27 intramural teams and 23 sports clubs.
- University dining services with fresh, healthy menus based on Cal U student input.
Best In-Class Housing
Thrive in a place of your own at Cal U. Instead of traditional college dorms, we offer spacious residence halls and garden-style apartments. Designed with your needs and lifestyle in mind, our university housing has all the top amenities you love, plus plenty of room to study and socialize.
- Enjoy Wi-Fi, HD cable, air-conditioning, private baths shared with roommates only, Ping-Pong, pool tables and more.
- Make friends out of neighbors through activities and developmental programming.
- Rest easy knowing a live-in staff member is always nearby to help.
Get Ready to Move In
What will you need as you start your exciting new college life? University Housing provides a wealth of resources for you and your families to help you pack, move in, connect with other student and adjust to campus living.
And once you're here, Cal U's dedicated residence offices help you stay safe, happy and healthy on campus.
University Dining Services
Do you want ethnic foods? Gourmet burgers? Made-to-order wraps and salads? We have it all. Whether you're sitting down for a meal or picking up a quick snack, you'll find top-quality foods prepared from the freshest ingredients right here on Cal U's campus.
- Dine at the "all-you-care-to-eat" Gold Rush dining hall.
- Grab a bite at the Food Court, one of Cal U's convenience stores, or the Sycamore Bistro.
- Order your meal online when you're in a rush so it's ready for pickup when you arrive.
Sports and Recreation
It's easy to stay active at Cal U. From archery to volleyball and everything in between, you'll find a huge variety of intramural and extramural sports clubs.
Our University athletic facilities are top notch, just like the students who use them.
- Stay in shape with fitness classes, including yoga and circuit training.
- Take a run on our indoor track.
- Go for a swim in the indoor three lane lap pool or lounge in our steam room and sauna.
- Work up a sweat on the racquetball courts.
- Test your limits on our indoor climbing wall.
Commuter and Non-Traditional Student Services
Enjoy the best of Cal U campus living, even if you commute to school. Our top commuter services and strong University community are designed to help you get the most out of college life.
You'll feel at home on campus with dedicated spaces for commuters, and can take advantage of the great University facilities, activities and networking opportunities enjoyed by all Cal U students.