New Student Move-In Day
Aug. 13 & 14 - Pre-registration is required
University Housing looks forward to welcoming new and returning students for Fall 2020. Based on state and federal guidelines, the residence hall move-in plans intend to promote social distancing and better ensure the safety of the California University family and friends. We appreciate your cooperation during these unprecedented times. Students/families must pre-register for a move-in time slot and should plan to arrive on campus based on that timeframe. Students move in on the designated days for your building. There are 40 spaces available, for each two-hour designated time slot, per building. If you show up on a different day or time, you will not be allowed into your hall, and will not receive a key. You must sign up for a time slot.
Aug. 13 & 14
8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Three halls per day | Two-hour time slots
Choose the residence hall you have been assigned to and complete the application at the link provided below.
Residence Unloading, Key Distribution and Parking
- All vehicles will enter campus via Third Street
- Vehicles left turn on University Dr.
- At the second stop sign, vehicles turn right onto Riverview Dr.
- Vehicles will stop at Move-In Station I- University Housing tent: Pollock/ CUPD building Lot.
- ALL Students/families check-in HERE. ALL RESIDENCE HALL KEYS ARE DISTRIBUTED FROM THIS STATION
- Follow signs and directional to your residence hall unloading areas
- Preregistration is required through doodle.com/CalU Housing
- Only TWO guests are permitted, in addition to the student
- 15-minute unloading at the residence hall site AFTER PROPER CHECK-IN (parking available in designated areas)
- Two-hour move-in window only—family/helpers must leave hall after 2-hour slot ends
- PLEASE STICK TO THE DAY/TIME INDICATED IN YOUR PRE-REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION
- You must contact University Housing in advance to request to change your registration time
- Daily check-in schedule is from 8 am – 7 pm, based on pre-registration roster. Check-in/Move-in is prohibited between the hours of 11 PM – 8 am.
- Masks and social distancing are required while on campus/residence halls
- Students/families are encouraged to bring personal moving equipment (dollies, carts, etc.)
- One family unit per elevator
- Elevators are for up use only (exceptions for ADA compliance)
- Use stairwells when going back to the first floor/outside
- If you or your family member are feeling ill on the scheduled move-in day, please stay home and contact the University Housing Office to reschedule
- The University volunteer helper program is suspended this year
- University Housing suggest students bring what they will need for the semester ONLY and avoid over packing- in the event of emergency campus/hall closing due to a resurgence of COVID-19
- Student Affairs professional staff are available to assist with answering questions
- University Housing and residence hall staff will be on location and in halls to assist with maintenance issues
If you have any questions or need additional clarification, please contact the University Housing office at 724-938-444, or email@example.com.