Financial Aid Office | Loan, Scholarship, Grant, Work Study

Site Search

Financial Aid

Higher education is an investment in your future, and Cal U is one of your most affordable options. The Office of Financial Aid can help you understand the types of aid that are available, apply for financial aid, understand the awarding process and learn how to make sound financial decisions now and in the future.

Apply for Aid

Scholarships, grants, work-study jobs and loans can help you pay for college. To be considered for all types of financial aid, you must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Here’s a step-by-step look at the process.


FAFSA and Verification

Cal U uses the FAFSA form to determine your Expected Family Contribution and to determine your financial need. Learn more about federal verification and other aspects of the FAFSA process.


Types of Aid

Options to pay for the cost of your education include grants and scholarships, which do not have to be repaid, as well as employment through the federal work-study program and loans.


Awarding Process

Your Financial Aid Award Notification lists the types and amounts of aid that you are eligible to receive. You should check your Cal U e-mail account and the Vulcan Information Portal regularly for information about your financial aid package.


Financial Literacy

Your college education is a major investment. Cal U’s Financial Literacy Program provides tools, skills and knowledge so you and your family can make informed financial decisions about your education.


Consumer Information

To help you make informed decisions about your education, Cal U provides links to financial aid policies and procedures, general institutional information, retention and graduation rates, and more.



Here are links to all of the forms you may need during the financial aid process.


Contact Financial Aid

Do you have questions about financial aid? Are financial obligations standing in the way of your college education? Contact a financial aid counselor or assistant in our Dixon Hall office, or reach the Financial Aid Office by e-mail or phone.