Life at Cal U and Campus Activities
Join the Fun and Reap the Rewards of Cal U's Vibrant Campus
What's Life at Cal U Like for Undergraduate Students?
Your experience at California University of Pennsylvania is so much more than your courses. As an undergraduate student, you'll have a balanced, well-rounded living experience that fosters growth and character building both inside and outside the classroom. Our campus promotes healthy lifestyles and boasts some of the best university housing in the nation. And with countless opportunities to get involved in student clubs, events and activities, it's easy to connect at Cal U. You'll be fully immersed in campus life, whether you live at Cal U or commute to school.
Open House and Campus Events
Get a feel for what campus and academic life are really like at Cal U. Attend one of our open house events to talk to professors and learn about student activities, athletics, programs of study and more. You'll also get a tour of student housing and the great facilities on campus, including the award-winning Natali Student Center and the Convocation Center.
If you can't make it to an open house or other campus event, schedule a campus visit for a time that's convenient for you.
Films, Concerts and Activities
Discover amazing entertainment and enrichment opportunities outside of the classroom. Thanks to Cal U's student-run nonprofit corporation, the Student Association Inc., there's something for everyone nearly every day of the week.
- Over 100 student clubs.
- Live concerts.
- Musical theater productions.
- Movies at the Vulcan Theatre.
- Special events and lectures.
- Sports and recreation of all kinds.
- Outdoor activities at SAI Farm.
- Intercollegiate athletics.
On-Campus Career and Internship Fairs
Explore your career options, make key connections and get hired! At Cal U's job and internship fairs, you'll get the chance to meet representatives from companies and organizations who are actively recruiting students for internships, co-op (paid career-related experience) opportunities and full-time positions. These events are open to all students and alumni, regardless of major.
Cal U Traditions
Meet new people and share your school spirit! Each season at Cal U brings a full slate of events, activities and traditions that bring people together and build upon the rich history of the University. Campus traditions include:
- Homecoming and the Big Game: When the Cal U Vulcans football team meets a rival at Adamson Stadium for the Big Game, everyone celebrates. Homecoming events include the election of Homecoming king and queen, a parade with local marching bands, float and banner contests, and more.
- The Big Event: Each spring, Cal U's student government sponsors a day of community service so students can show their appreciation to the town of California, Pennsylvania.
- Greek Week: Cal U's sorority and fraternity chapters get together every spring to participate in athletic - and sometimes wacky - contests.
Events for Parents, Students and the Whole Family
Parents, you're invited to join in the campus fun. Cal U events for the entire family include Move-In Day activities such as a family picnic, and Family Weekend, an entire weekend of food, athletics and events devoted to bringing together parents, students, family members and friends.