MSN: Nursing Administration and Leadership
Classes begin Fall & Spring Annually
The MSN (Master of Science in Nursing) Nursing Administration and Leadership program prepares graduates in the advanced practice roles of administrators and leaders. These nurse leaders will address prevailing health and nursing issues, have a
comprehensive understanding of and beginning competence in nursing research, and a foundation for doctoral study in nursing.
The MSN in Nursing Administration and Leadership curriculum addresses current practice and employment trends for today's nurse administrators and leaders. It builds on theory and knowledge from baccalaureate nursing programs as it blends concepts with practice, culminating in a preceptor-based practicum.
The MSN Program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) through 2018.
- 100% online
- 20-month program
- Highly qualified faculty teaching specialty courses
- Competitive tuition rates and fees
- Limited to 35 students per class
- Allows graduates to assume leadership positions in a variety of settings including hospitals, ambulatory care facilities, long-term care agencies, corporate settings, rehabilitation settings, and the insurance industry.
Students who already hold a master's degree in nursing may earn a 21-credit Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing Administration and Leadership.
Courses in organization and leadership theory, nursing administration, healthcare infomatics, financial management and legal issues prepare nurse leaders for today’s dynamic healthcare environment. Classes begin in Fall 2017.
Learn more about our other nursing programs:
- MBA Nursing Administration and Leadership
- MSN-MBA Dual Degree
- MSN Nursing Education
- Not already a registered Nurse or RN-BSN? Find out how to get started
- Return to the Cal U Nursing Department page
For questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 1-866-595-6348.