Prepare for a career in the dynamic field of visual communications.
The Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design degree program at California University of Pennsylvania provides a thorough grounding in the visual and conceptual foundations of graphic design and its role in how we communicate visually through the various mediums available to a designer.
Students benefit from focusing on how and why a designer creates. Students and faculty closely examine the creative process behind communication design. The emphasis is on visual thinking, experimentation and exploring the relationship of word and image. This examination of the design process helps students develop skills that will enable them to create multiple design solutions for any given problem.
Gain a career advantage with Cal U's access to internships and hands-on experience.
By the end of their program, graphic design students will be able to:
- Assess a design problem and write a brief that fully addresses the perceived task, incorporating the research process and outcomes criteria.
- Conduct relevant research into areas of the brief, incorporating this into the finished design.
- Construct a working timetable and course of action, ensuring successful completion of the project.
- Develop effective practices and sustained motivation when working both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate developed skills to use self-criticism in relation to their own work and apply constructive criticism to ensure the outcome of a project.