The University has been made aware of COVID-19 cases that affect our campus. PennWest California is working to mitigate risk for our students, our employees, and the communities where we live and work. Learn more.
PennWest California's plan for remote operations aligns with the State System of Higher Education's University Operational Framework.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO STAY WELL?
The Pennsylvania Department of Health is using the COVIDAlert PA app in a voluntary effort to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Learn more about the app and how to download it to your personal digital device.
To reduce your risk of becoming ill, the CDC recommends these commonsense measures:
- Stay home when you are sick. Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Use a regular cleaning spray or wipes to clean and disinfect surfaces you touch frequently, such as doorknobs, keyboards, computer mice, cellphones, etc.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS AND COVID-19
CARES ACT FUNDS
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security program (CARES) Act provides institutions like PennWest California with federal funds to offer emergency aid “to provide emergency financial aid grants to students whose lives have been disrupted, many of whom are facing financial challenges and struggling to make ends meet” because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be considered for these funds, degree-seeking students must have been enrolled in a face-to-face, on-campus academic program, have filed a 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and have met other eligibility guidelines.
- CARES 1st Statistical Report - May 21, 2020
- CARES 2nd Statistical Report - June 01, 2020
- CARES 3rd Statistical Report - August, 01, 2020
- CARES 4th Statistical Report (Quarterly) - December 31, 2020
- CARES 3rd Statistical Report - March 31, 2021
- CARES 4th Statistical Report - June 30, 2021
- CARES 5th Statistical Report – September 30, 2021
- CARES 6th Statistical Report - December 31, 2021
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Studying or working from home? Check our these helpful resources:
- UTech Tutorials
- Library at Your Service
- Staying Active
- Keep Career Goals on Track
- Maximizing Your Health During the Pandemic
Use your PennWest California login and password to read the University’s Pandemic Response Plan and unit/department plans for responding to the COVID-19 outbreak.