About the Music Minor
Express yourself while expanding your knowledge of music.
Nurture your interest in music with a music minor at California University of Pennsylvania. No matter which academic program you choose as a major, adding a 24-credit music minor expands your knowledge base, fosters your musical talent and lets you express yourself as a soloist or ensemble performer.
You'll also form bonds with students in a variety of majors who share your love of music.
Music minors at Cal U gain a foundation in:
- Music theory: Read and write music.
- Music history: Learn about music's role in society from a historical perspective.
- Music technology: Get hands-on experience in music-related technology or businesses.
- Music instruction: Play your instrument of choice more skillfully with individualized lessons.
- Music ensemble: Build performance skills by playing with other musicians.
Gain access to Cal U's exceptional music facilities.
Students who declare a music minor can take private music lessons from the talented teachers and performers who comprise Cal U's music faculty. No audition is required.
Music minors also have swipe-card access to the Music Technology Lab and practice rooms in Gallagher Hall, the same top-quality facilities used by Cal U's commercial music technology majors.