High School Early Admit
High School Early Admit Application
Summer & Fall Dual Enrollment Applications are Due by May 1st. Spring Applications are due by December 1st. View course options.
Stand Out and Get Ahead
Get a jump-start on your college education by earning college credits at PennWest California while you're still in high school.
- Stand out on your college applications.
- Enter college with credits earned, making it easier to double major, participate in internships or graduate early.
- Explore different areas of study to discover your interests.
Save approximately 75% of tuition costs for your High School Early Admit (HSEA) courses.
On Campus or Online
Earn up to 30 PennWest California credits by taking either traditional face-to-face classes on campus or 100% online courses that allow you complete coursework anytime, anywhere.
- We recommend taking one course per term. Requests from students for additional courses will be reviewed by the dean.
- You can select your course(s) for the term you want to attend - fall, winter, spring or summer - by using the "program start date" filter on our course listings page.
- Don't forget to make sure you meet all course prerequisites.
HSEA students pay a reduced tuition rate of just 25% plus the PASSHE technology fee. You and your family can also save on future college costs by transferring your PennWest California credits to other accredited institutions of higher education or using them toward a PennWest California degree.
- If you decide to attend PennWest California once you graduate from high school, you must apply as a degree-seeking student. We'll waive the application fee.
You're eligible to apply to PennWest California's HSEA program if you:
- Have completed your sophomore year of high school.
- Have an overall grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Have taken a standardized test such as the SAT, ACT or PSAT.
It's easy to apply to HSEA. If you meet the requirements listed above, start your application today. Here are the simple steps you need to take:
- Complete the online application.
- Pay the one-time application fee.
- Mail your official high school transcript to the address below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts must be sent directly from your high school.
- Complete and mail or email the High School Early Admit Authorization form. This form needs to be submitted each term that you are enrolled in courses.
HSEA Mailing Address:
Office of Admissions - Box 94
250 University Ave.
California, PA 15419