California University has been named the No. 1 online college in Pennsylvania by OnlineColleges.com, an educational resource for students seeking accredited online degree programs.
The 2019-20 ranking is based on the latest data from IPEDS, the National Center for Education Statistics’ Postsecondary Education Data System.
On its website, OnlineColleges.com says it “ranked more than 2,500 accredited colleges and universities on a variety of factors, including affordability, student services and the availability of online programs.”
Cal U received a score of 98.18 out of 100, based on criteria such as:
- Number of online programs offered.
- Average in-state tuition and fees for undergraduates.
- Availability of tuition payment plans.
- Services such as career counseling, placement services and credit for life experiences.
- Percentage of students participating in online learning.
- Total electronic library collections, including digital books, databases and media.
- Graduation and retention rates.
- Credit offerings, including dual degrees, Advanced Placement and military.
- Percent of undergraduates awarded financial aid.
- Average amount of federal, state, local, institutional or other grant aid awarded to undergraduates.
OnlineColleges.com offers an interactive tool that prospective students can use to explore their options for online education. Fifty public and private institutions are included in its complete list of college rankings in Pennsylvania.