Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated ®
Kappa Beta Chapter
California University of Pennsylvania
Saturday, February 8, 2020
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Requirements for Membership Consideration:
· Have a cumulative and current C+ average (2.50 or higher)
· Be a full-time student during the present and prior term
· Must have creditably completed* at least one grading period (or as defined by the college or university) as a full-time student at the institution affiliated with the chapter, immediately preceding submission of application; *creditably completed is synonymous to earned full-time hours (12+ hours) for Spring or Fall session, whichever is applicable.
· Bring an official sealed transcript, embossed with college/university seal*
· Bring an official letter from the college/university registrar that confirms your full-time status as a student
· Bring a Letter of Interest
· Bring two Letters of Reference
· Bring completed Undergraduate Membership Interest Application
· Bring one or more completed Evidence of Community/Campus Involvement Forms
· Contact Erica McDill Sharkey, Graduate Advisor, at 215-432-2727 for Undergraduate Membership Interest
Application, Legacy Information, Evidence of Community/Campus Involvement Forms, Applicant's Pre-Rush Instructions Checklist, and General Information for the Collegian brochure
· Do not submit resumes or photographs
· Attend Formal Rush
· Adhere to college/university Greek Life policies
"The purpose of Alpha Kappa Alpha is to cultivate and encourage high scholastic and ethical standards, to promote unity and friendship among college women, to study and help alleviate problems concerning girls and women in order to improve their social stature, to maintain a progressive interest in college life, and to be of service to all mankind." Hazing does not represent the values of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority and will not be tolerated.