The Office of University Housing is recruiting for Community Assistants for Fall 2020
The Community Assistant (CA) is an undergraduate student staff member who helps build a positive residence hall environment that will enhance classroom learning and personal development of the student; create opportunities for students to discover and develop their interests, values and attitudes; as well as the development of a community that is inclusive and which differences of back ground and belief are explored. As a paraprofessional staff member, the CA is the University’s representative working and living in the residence halls, serving as liaison between students and administrators. The CA offers assistance and direction to students at the peer level as a community leader, encouraging student responsibility, involvement in hall and campus activities, and promoting California University’s Core Values.
Requirements and Qualifications
1. Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
2. Must be a full-time (12+ credits) undergraduate student.
3. Must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours and one semester living in a residence hall.
4. Maintain a minimum QPA of 2.25 for undergraduate students.
5. Live in the residence hall during the term of employment, on a floor assigned by the Resident Director (RD).
6. Be able to work a very flexible and primarily unstructured schedule.
7. Possess good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
8. General computer competency and ability to operate Microsoft Office Suite.
9. Must submit a cover letter and resume. Make sure to read the CA application fully before submitting (see link below).
For more information, email email@example.com.